Tuesday, August 28, 2007

GOwen Somewhere and Gettin NOwhere

So the title of the blog is supposed to reference my life, but as I start my sixth year of school at the University of Florida, it is started to feeling like I'm not getting very far. Don't get me wrong, I graduated (with two degrees) in four years, and now I am working on a master's degree. It just seems like I've been in school forever.

To reintroduce myself to the blogging world again, I'm a graduate student at the University of Florida studying mass communications and urban and regional planning. I've written for just about every publication in the Gainesville area, and I've worked at a couple of papers in other states as well. For the last year I have taught unwilling undergraduates the basics of grammar and how to write for various types of media (journalism, PR and advertising).

This blog won't be political in nature, though politics may come into the fold every once in a while. For the most part, it will be my thoughts on different events and personal observations. I won't make any guarantees about how often I will actually post, but I'll aim for at least once a day.

I'm not that edgy, but I try. My sense of humor is notoriously dry. For that, I apologize.

If you disagree with anything I say, please say so in a comment. If you agree... don't hesitate to encourage me!

Well, until something interesting happens...happy blogging.

No comments: